Sunday, October 30, 2011

Whooooo are you, who who, who who?

So you don't think I am crazy the title of this blog is an old Rock and Roll song (commonly heard on CSI New York?) and it was Halloween weekend so that makes perfect sense!

Emily, me and Katie (former OCH roomies)
Last night my roommates and I had some people over for Halloween and it was a lot of fun!  I think between all of us we covered every base...Rubik cube, to the SNL schweety balls skit, 80s work out, spider and web, and even God's greatest gift to earth.  We had a great time just having a moment to hang out and not worry about school....and put on fun outfits.  Halloween is a throwback to the days of dress up and I am pretty sure that we all secretly miss that. 


Junior Year (fall 2008) at Rockhurst homecoming. Marina
 is in the purple dress in the center and I am to the right.

This weekend I also got to see my very good friend Marina, who is working on her Masters of public health administration and KUMed.  We met on move-in day in MeGee (freshman dorm at Rockhurst) and lived down the hall from each other and have been friends since!  We went and saw the movie 50/50 instead of watching the World Series game (Yes we know missing the World Series is pretty much breaking the 11th commandment).  I think the Cardinals won? :)  Being St. Louise natives, they were beyond excited! So again I had to go get an awesome picture from a couple of years ago because I don't always remember to take pictures!

Last week we had a pretty quiet week in school and classes went by surprisingly fast!  Neurological conditions right now is really interesting because we are learning about Parkinson's disease.  I find it really fascinating!  We also got to learning about body weight supported gait training in lab, which is actually a something that can help people with Parkinson's.  I even got to get on the machine and it was crazy weird feeling (and made me look like a sloppy mess when walking). 

12 days of class and we're so excited!  An early Happy Halloween and Happy November!

Molly, Megan, Kevin, Emily, Lauren, me and Jessica
Some awesome PT classmates!
(sorry the pic is blurry, Brian is not very good with cameras!)


No comments:

Post a Comment