Thursday, October 13, 2011

It's fall break...no creative title needed!

Linds had one of our Halloween costumes from forever ago
in her closet....oh geeze!
So first off, Oklahoma was SO MUCH FUN!  (minus the drive to and from down 2 lane highways in Kansas)  We did some major shopping for both the 80s dance and clothes appropriate for 2011, ate to much Mexican food, went to the Oklahoma state fair where she tried a fried peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and we made a new favorite dessert...Graveyard pie.  Super simple: graham cracker crust with a layer of vanilla ice cream (cup of crushed Kit-Kat mixed in) and a layer of chocolate ice cream (cup of Butterfingers mixed in).  Top it with crumpled oreos and milanos to look like tombstones and you have successfully made graveyard pie! And we got to use one of Lindsey's new food processor from the wedding.  Eventually we will really cook but last time Lindsey did that, my parents oven looked like a bad science fair project.  I can't wait to see her and Patrick (her husband, she picked a good one!) in a few weeks for Colleen's 80s birthday party!

The finished product that is Graveyard Pie, we watched
Bridesmaids while eating it lol.
Coming back for 2 days of school before fall break was insanely tough.  Having all my exams done before my weekend meant I was checked out for the beginning of this week.  We started learning about the cervical spine (neck), and surprise surprise I have abnormal movement there also!  I am on my way to winning the prize in that department!

Tuesday night me and some friends (Lauren, Jessica, Kiley) decided to celebrate fall break with a pizza, wine, and cake pop night (no worries, we are all between the ages of 23-24 :) ).  Kiley and I have both attempted in recent weeks to make successful looking cake pops and have not had the greatest luck.  Tuesday was the closest we have come!  And they are of course sooooo good!

I am now home enjoying Cape Girardeau and its dull and dreary weather.  But good news is there is so much on my "arts and crafts junkie" plate!  Halloween costume, 80s prom dress alterations, painting the parents bedroom, football game with some old friends, and some more! 

Have a blessed Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment