Thursday, October 20, 2011

Slow Your Roll PT school, slowwww your rollllll

Nothing puts the fear into students when you realize there are a mere 16 days of class left before our semester is over.  Yup, that's right math majors, 4 weeks and about 2348975 million things to do until then!  Because we will be going out on a 3 week rotation after Thanksgiving break, all things school have to be wrapped up before then.  This thought is absolutely crazy!  There is no way I am almost through semester 5 of 9.....while we are good at being students at this point, we can't be one forever.  Watch out Lee's Summit, I'm coming for you in December!


Kevin and I excited for cyropacks?! 8am
can be tough sometimes :)
 Clinical procedures let us toy with more modalities....ultrasound, and various forms of heat and cold packs.  We also wrapped up cervical spine so we can move onto thoracic next week (part of the spine in between your shoulder blades).  My group that did the cup activity in a previous blog is also working on a very entertaining presentation about the Islamic culture and Muslims.  The physics lab Emily and I teach also got to use scales, rolling chairs, and a little game of "who's stronger" to learn about Newton's Third Law of Motion. 

Drum roll please! I also managed to make my final decisions about clinical preferences and I am very pleased with them.  The next few weeks will tell if I am placed in those clinics, however.  But every toe and finger is crossed!  (Not going say where I am going until I find out, I don't want to jinx this!)




So for now, Hello weekend, I would like you to meet my good friend "take home test for neuro".  You will be spending a good amount of time together!  But on a good note, my lovely friend Hannah from high school will be in town from California and I am playing the flute at Rockhurst's student mass this weekend because the bishop will be presiding.  It isn't common knowledge I am a bit of a musician, but I do play for as many Rockhurst's special masses as my schedule will allow.

Hoping mother nature will get out of her mean streak for the weekend and warm up a little bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment