Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Listen to the music

With the Halloween and 80s prom weekends quickly approaching, this weekend was more of a laid back one. My Friday was consumed with that lovely neuro test I referred to, along with a dash of calling car mechanics....jealous yet?  (No worries, my car is getting some serious TLC tomorrow).  It was one of those situations when you realize that while it is way easier for dad to take care of the car problems, it was time to be an adult (?!?!?!) and take care of business.  Trust me, I'd rather let dad handle it but he was Elk hunting in the Montana mountains on a horse! 


2005, fall of our senior year...Hannah and I in high school on
"Hick Day", in honorof our biggest football rival!
 I also got to see another long lost friend!  My friend Hannah, who is now living in California attending graduate school, was in Kansas City for a friends wedding.  So we got to hang out and catch up Sunday, which was really nice.  We first met when we were 13 (I think) when both swimming for the Gator Swim Team in Cape and then attending high school together.  I was not on top of the whole picture thing so I pulled this one out of the deep dark spaces of my external hard drive. :) ...just to be fair, it is an oldie!

Sunday was also when the Bishop presided at the Rockhurst student mass and I was very honored to play some of the music.  I have played flute for 10ish years and when I came to Rockhurst back in the day, I started playing at the special masses (Mass of the Holy Spirit, Orientation, Bishop, Baccalaureate, etc).  I have always loved music and playing my flute, so I love the excuse to dive into some music!  While it completely dorky for me to say, being a musician has always been a huge part of my life and I love that feeling of hitting a really expressive part of the music and turning notes into music (yes, I was in marching band, and pit orchestra for musicals, don't hate!)  It also gives me a chance to play around on the piano, which is something I wish I had more time for! 

On a funny note, my dearest Rockhurst has decided to alter my career paths...the pamphlet read that I was a Masters of Occupational Therapy 2012.  While I have been working very hard to get my Doctorate of Physical Therapy 2013, I will surely take their editing into consideration.....

No comments:

Post a Comment