Sunday, March 25, 2012

Flat Stanley, meet Rock E. Hawk?

So in the mail yesterday we received an interesting letter from school saying they changed the Hawks name (mascot) to Rock E. Hawk.  Along with this was a punch out of the Hawk and instructions to take him on our daily errands and tasks, take pictures with him and upload them to Rockhurst...similar to the flat Stanley concept used in many elementary schools.  So, in good spirit, I took a pic with my Flat Rock E. Hawk.  We will see if he actually makes it off the refrigerator after this point. :)

This week has been a fun one!  On Thursday me and ten of my friends and classmates stood in line for the midnight showing of the Hunger Games and it was a great time and fantastic movie!  I have been waiting for this movie for over a year and I was beyond excited for its premiere!  I am sure some of my friends temporarily disowned me for the week :)

The campus' infamous tulips have also started to bloom, which after a whole week of clouds and rain is an even more beautiful sight!  Every spring the campus plants hundreds of tulip bulbs ever since I was a freshman in the dark ages, I have loved when they bloom! It is a great start to my most favorite time of the year.

Yesterday the class went to a library in Northern Kansas City and did free health screening for kids ages 7-18.  It was a really great experience and it was nice to be able to reach out into a part of the community that doesn't usually get that kind of information or feedback and help introduce them to healthier lifestyle options.  (and the kids are always super cute!)





Outside of my small run I will be taking later to enjoy this amazing day, my and a majority of my classmates will be studying for the 3 tests we have this week....joyful?  My roommates and I have been dog sitting Zoe, my friends adorable little dog for the weekend and from the pic I took when I was studying yesterday, it seems we have the same views on reading through notes. :)

 Have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment