Sunday, March 18, 2012

and the rivers ran green

St. Patrick's Day in Westport
Top of the Mornin'!  Since I am slightly Irish and yesterday was the lovely St. Patricks day, it is a pretty appropriate gesture (minus the fact it is afternoon).  So while many of you are probably broken hearted and depressed because of your shattered bracket (my roommates are Mizzou fans so it is a common theme here), I have been spending my weekend babysitting my friend's adorable dog: 5 pound beyond adorable Zoe.  She is the cutest gem of a cuddle bug and we have loved having her this weekend! 

This week also brought a tide of warm and beautiful weather!  While it made the classrooms warm and unbearable it made for a few outsides runs around the lake at Bass Pro Shops perfect and beautiful.  It was amazing to be able to be with my thoughts and music in the sunshine.  We won't mention how I am so pale I was reflecting the sunlight.  And it wasn't all the weather's fault about making it tough to focus in class...the week after spring break is always difficult to focus again.

In the world of school we ran statistics on our research project and we have great news!  Our data showed a significant difference between the different breathing conditions!  It was a huge relief to my group to have some good results from our long hours of data collection!

Yesterday my roommates, friends, and I went and celebrated St. Patrick's day down at Westport, which is a bar and restaurant area of Kansas City.  It is similar to the Plaza or Brookside or Power and Light districts, for those of you who might be familiar with one of those areas.  We enjoyed the sunshine to the point of red shoulders, good laughs and great music!  So today to pamper our tired feet a few of us went and got pedicures!

The best part of this upcoming week is that the Hunger Games is out!  I am a huge fan of my Kindle and therefore a big dork who reads a bunch.  Last year I read the Hunger Games Trilogy and was hooked.  I have since convinced probably a dozen people to the point of annoyance to read them and now we are all going to the midnight premiere on Thursday.  It is going to be divine! If you asked us, you would think that Harry Potter is back or something :)

May the odds ever be in your favor this week! (again, Hunger Games.  I am not at all excited about this haha)
Listening to Neil McCoy in Westport!

No comments:

Post a Comment