Sunday, March 4, 2012

Don't Let the Sound of Your Own Wheels Drive you Crazy

All signs point to home sweet home!
Spring Break is finally here! After a stressful week of midterms and practicals it is safe to take a few days to breathe.  The week was mostly spent at school but I got a few quiet moments to step back.  First Emily and I had dinner with our friend Kate, who we lived with for a few years in an OCH.  She is now going to graduate school in Texas and was visiting her boyfriend for a few days.  It was lovely to see her and catch up!

I also got to play with the choir for Taize prayer on Wednesday.  I played for Rockhurst for a few years but my schedule in graduate school started interfering.  So I was very excited to play for St. Marks.  For those of you who don't know Taize prayer is a form of reflection and uses repetition of songs as a form of meditation.  It was wonderful to take a minute and just be quiet.

The storm clouds heading to Kentucky as I was heading home
Friday I finally got to come home!  It is crazy weird and cheesy how much you grow to love your "boring" hometown as you grow up.  There was a lot of serious weather that day in my neck of the woods but thankfully there weren't tornadoes that touched down in our area and I missed the storm when I was driving in.  There was also some snow showers in Kansas City that I missed when leaving in the morning.  I was very thankful to not cross either of those storm's paths!

I have spent the last few days loving the simplicity of life!  I went to the shooting range with dad, Grandpa, and my sister yesterday afternoon and laughed until my stomach hurt last night with my close friends that still live in Cape! 

Chleo and I heading to the gun range with dad and grandpa!
The rest of my spring break is mostly unplanned (outside of going to see my high school's musical, some shopping, and more time with great people) and I am very much looking forward to it!  Have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment