Sunday, February 26, 2012

If only I had superhero powers...

Allie and my's weekend...studying for musculo practical
Next week starts mid-terms so what better way to prepare than to camp out at school all weekend?!  Okay, we aren't all crashing here at night but large chucks of Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are being spend brushing up on Musculoskeletal Techniques, Neuromuscular lab concepts, and then stuffing what's left of our brains with information for our few written tests we have.  Spring Break 4 days away and counting!


No it is not near as bad as it sounds, considering every week I post about always doing schoolwork or tests or drowning in Times New Roman font on things about PT.  I guess since this is our last full semester that the teachers get their hands on us until clinicals they except a lot out of us and are trying to get in as much as possible.  It is stressful and at times a feat that looks near impossible but as always, we will make it out of this semester alive and with minor flesh wounds.


One unique thing we did this week was venture to a homeless shelter that helps families get back on their feet and do a development screen on the children there.  My groups child was beyond adorable and almost 2 years old.  Our child had to do tasks like throw a ball, scribble, stack blocks, and pull pegs out of a board.  After doing the screening my group determined that the child is developming normally and our only concern was with their sitting leg posture. 


My research group also FINISHED our data collection!  What a releif!  Next step: run statistics on our data to see if there was a significant difference between breathing conitions. 


In the small social slice of my pie I was able to visit with my friend Ali and Lindsey breifly since they were in town visiting family.  Well worth the few study breaks at the beginning of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment