Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Wait, I was supposed to remember that after the test?!

It is a terrible thing to drive I-70 the weekend after Thanksgiving and fighting a not so fun virus!  But after a wonderful week at home (and taking the Christmas Card picture) I have arrived back in Kansas City and started my 3 week clinical!  After 2 days it is safe to say that I fit in perfectly with my Clinical Instructor and my site.  I am in Lee's Summit at an outpatient rehabilitation site. 


Seeing as this is my first clinical rotation my instructor has been really great at easing me into the responsibilities of a Physical Therapist.  I have spent the last 2 days learning exercises and starting to oversee patients with those.  I was also allowed to do some basic range of motion and ultrasound today.  Tomorrow I am going to be doing a subjective exam (!?).  As my responsibilities increase I am surprisingly handling it better than I thought.  While I do not have the clinical experience to back what I have learned and I am not always confident in what I know.  The details of injuries are slowing starting to fill in, which is really exciting for me.  I am happy to say that I am enjoying my time so far in the clinic and can't wait to soak in all the opportunities it is going to give me the next few weeks.  It also is making me less anxious for my 9 weeks starting in June!

Downsides say what?!  It is definitely difficult to be on my feet 8 hours a day when I have been on my rump for the past 1.5 years 8 hours a day!  Anddddd I might have become slightly spoiled over break sleeping in until 9 so getting up to be at the clinic at 7 or 8 is testing my morning attitude!

The lesson I have been taught many times is coming into play.  If you don't know the answer find out, if you believe they will to.  So act confident even when your brain drawing a complete blank!  Trust is everything and there is nothing wrong with asking for help or finding answers!  While it is true we have been taught so much, there are also things we have forgotten, which is completely normal.  So things are becoming less murky!

So until December (since it is literally right around the corner), stay warm and enjoy your blessings!



Christmas Picture from the LeGrands


No comments:

Post a Comment