Sunday, December 4, 2011

QT slushies...still delicious when it's below freezing

A week under my belt and I must say I am doing much better in the clinic than I gave myself credit for! I have working on passive range of motion, my subjective evaluation of the patient, therapy exercises, and becoming an authority figure in the clinic.  While I am continuing to work on my hypothesis generation and objective testing, having the confidence to be in charge is the most difficult thing I am working with.  For 1.5 years we have been lectured at and been pretending to explain things to patients, but being in the clinic with real people with real issues asking questions where the way I communicate with them is imperative?!?!  That is something that is difficult to dive into but so important! 

In the next 2 weeks I hope that I can continue to grow in my clinician persona and in valuable information I can take back to next semester and my rotations that start in June! 

I also got to spend some time with my good friend Katie yesterday!  Nothing like a cheesy movie and QT slushies to avoid the gloomy and rainy weather.  Katie and I lived together in an OCH at rockhurst for 2 years.  On Campus Housing is another opportunity to live near campus in houses owned and maintained by Rockhurst.  We lived with 2 other ladies and I must say, we had the best house :) and simply loved the experience.   It is super important to make time for things outside of clinical, and babysitting, etc.  Although next weekend I am going to have to stop avoiding the Christmas shopping!  For a pic, look back to the Halloween entry, she is the cowgirl in the pic. 

Good luck with finals first year PTs and undergrads at Rockhurst!  While it looks bleak at the moment, I promise you will make it out with minimal bruises! 

Now back to the pile of laundry and swimming nationals on TV (yes I used to be one of those crazy fish out of water people, I love swimming! Although I do not have a sweet melody like Dory in Finding Nemo!)

No comments:

Post a Comment