Friday, November 25, 2011

Giving Thanks for Thanksgiving

After spending some time babysitting and working with Trevor last weekend (a boy with special needs I have helped for 4 years), I took a much needed trip home to visit with some close friends, watch some movies on the ever growing list, and spend time with my beautiful family.

Rachel and I rockin' the brown boots
While some of you are out fighting the crowds and aggressively making your way through Target and the mall, I am avoiding it like the plague....not my cup of tea!  So instead the painting continues in our household and we have started the dreaded living room so we can get the Christmas Tree up and the Christmas card picture taken.  Ironically, Dad left this morning to go pheasant hunting in South Dakota, hmmmm, coincidence?  Just Kidding. 

Siblings, cousin Rachel and cousin-in-law Joel with our
Grandma Ornaments!
We drove up to Springfield IL for the holiday and I got to spend some time with my mom's side of the family.  I also got to go stalk by my clinical site where I will be this summer! But more importantly, Thanksgiving is my second favorite holiday (right behind Easter!) and I was so very excited for the Johnson traditions.....

  • Wild Turkey
  • Homemade wine
  • Catchphrase and pinball at Uncle Dave's
  • AND receiving the ornament Grandma makes us every year....they are one of my favorite parts of Christmas!

So in honor of the holiday, I have decided to list some things I am thankful for this past week (minus the cliche family, friends, etc, because those things I am beyond blessed with!)
  • Smores Poptarts....didn't know how much I missed them until I found them in my parents pantry
  • Yoga Pants....traveling just got an upgrade
  • Lifetime Christmas movies, because Lifetime movies alone are not quite cheesy enough
  • My Kindle and I reconnecting now that classes are over. 
  • Anddddd autocorrect on my Iphone....nothing beats a Bipolar program that is putting words into my texts or saving me from embarrassing spelling mistakes
So keep enjoying the weekend with the ones you love and I will be back in a few days!  Be thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment