Monday, September 26, 2011

Keeping up with the LeGrands

After putting 1000 miles on my odometer, I am back in Kansas City and ready to get schooled...in more than just lectures this time.  With the countdown to fall break (2.5 weeks if anyone was wondering), it is time for tests, practicals, and an increased need for caffine in the PT department. 

Birthday Girl with her (awesome) cupcake cake!
But what a great weekend home! My baby sister is 17 (when did that happen?!), my dog is still lazy as ever, and my old high school's brand new football stadium is gorgeous!  Thursday night started with scaring the skinny jeans off my sister when I creeped in the back door to wish her a happy birthday...nothing that a cupcake cake can't fix.  I tend to be a martha stewart at times, my left-handed nature needs her creative outlet.  I also got to be a Tiger again at the football game and watch her run a cross country meet in St Louis!  Oh, and I got to meet my cousin's new baby boy, so handsome! 

One life lessoned learned when coming to college and then going to Grad school is there are moments where you have to make time for the people you love.  I could sit in a library and attempt to learn everything there is to know about the body for 3 weeks without any trouble.  But it is so important to keep a perspective on your most important priorities (for me that would include my family, friends, and faith) and step away from the books now and again.  So while I can't wait to get my doctorate (!!!!), I also want to still have the people that make this crazy journey worth while be there when I get my diploma.  You will probably hear me repeat the "my parents, siblings, and even extended family are the greatest" speech often....but it's true.

My sister and me at the new Tiger stadium!
It was a great weekend to be reminded how beautifully blessed my life truly is!

Speaking of blessings, I can't wait for the next couple of weekends to spend some great time with some fantastic friends!  (Birthdays, corn mazes, 80s prom shopping in Oklahoma, much missed time with my high school friends....the list is extensive!)  But until those weekends, I must continue to be frien-emys with the books and papers!  Have a wonderful week watching the trees begin to change!

No comments:

Post a Comment